LAST YEARS COMMUNITY FIRST FUNDING NOW AVAILABLE – GRAB A SHARE OF £12733.00
The Neighbourhood Funding panel exists to identify and attract funding for the support of communities within the Queens Park Ward.
The Neighbourhood Funding Panel has attracted funds from a number of sources, including the Community First project
“The programme will help communities come together to identify their strengths and local priorities in order to plan for their future and become more resilient.”
£8345 was granted to local projects in 2012
A further £12750 was granted for projects in 2013
By identifying additional funding sources the Queens Park Ward Neighbourhood Funding Panel granted a further £19,362.00 in 2014.
Making a total made available for project to benefit the residents of the Queens Park Ward of:
THE LAST £12733.00 IS AVAILABLE NOW !!
to groups and projects that are engaged in activities that impact on the following priorities:
- Activities that support employment skills, training and education for unemployed people in the area.
- Activities supporting work with young people or older people in the area, including inter-generational work.
- Activities that celebrate the diversity of the area and bring people from diverse backgrounds together.
- Activities enabling groups to be more representative; supporting residents to work to improve their community.
- Projects or activities that educate , promote and support healthy lifestyle choices such as : alcohol and drug awareness; stopping smoking ; improved sexual health ; increased exercise and active living ; improved diet and nutrition; reduced obesity, learning cooking and food growing skills etc
- Activities that support healthy aging and improve health-related quality of life for older people or those with long-term health conditions.
- Improving mental health and wellbeing, and reducing isolation.
- Projects that support health and wellbeing for those living on a reduced budget.
If you are doing something or have an idea that would work towards these priority areas – Don’t hesitate – get in touch!